Reverse CIRculation Drill Bit
The Characteristics of RC hammer and bits: RC series reverse circulation DTH Hammer is the latest developed product of our company. It is mainly used for deep exploration drilling and stope ore grade control. It has the following characteristics: 1. Based on previous experience of ordinary...
The Characteristics of RC hammer and bits:
RC series reverse circulation DTH Hammer is the latest developed product of our company. It is mainly used for deep exploration drilling and stope ore grade control.
It has the following characteristics:
1. Based on previous experience of ordinary hammers, combined with the features of reverse circulation hammer, optimized internal structure and ideal energy transfer, thus ensuring the series of hammers drilling with fast smooth and continuous sampling.
2. The internal structure is very simple with components of high rigidity, thus ensuring long life and easy maintenance of the hammer.
3. The collection tube adopts an integrative design and can be replaced without disassembling the hammer. With carburizing treatment, it has good abrasive resistance.
4. Equipped with bits designed with patent. Simply by replacing the drill bit, the same hammer can drill holes of different sizes ensuring that the sample is not contaminated.
5. In difficult condition such as loose soil, hard rock and plenty of water exists, sampling can be done well.
RC drilling, referred to as “ Centre Sample Recovery” or “Dual Wall Drilling”, employs a Dual Wall pipe where the drilling medium, normally high pressure air, is the passed between the outer and inner tubes down to the face of the drilling bit where it is returned up the centre tube along with the sample cut by the drill bit.
Advantages of the RC system:
1. No contamination
The RC system collects sample through the recovery holes in the face of the drill bit immediately as the cuttings or sample is formed. The drilled sample does not have to travel the length of the hammer where contamination and loss of sample takes place.
2. Higher Production
In broken and fractured ground conditions, the RC has more higher penetration rates than the conventional hammer.
3. Dry Sample
Even in certain water bearing strata, it is still possible to collect a dry sample because the cuttings are collected as they are formed through the face of the drill bit.
4. Higher Sample Recovery
Because the sample is collected through the face of the drill bit, there is no loss of sample when drilling through broken or fractured ground. And since the bit matched to the chuck size, there is very little bypass of sample and recovery rates of up to 98% are generally achievable.
4” RC Hammer and bits